Gaza’s children have been left reeling from the violent escalation in conflict in May 2021. Lives have been lost and families shattered, with devastating impacts on children. In Gaza, schools and health facilities have been damaged, homes and offices have been flattened, and entire families have been displaced.
according to the statistics, 1 in 3 children in Gaza already required support for conflict-related trauma. But the need for mental health and psychosocial support services for children has undoubtedly only grown.
Brief About Gazze Destek Association
GDD is a charity founded in Turkey in 2014 under license No. 34-209-183 and operates according to the Turkish Associations Law. We seek to effectively contribute to meeting the humanitarian and development needs (poverty, youth, child and women) of the Palestinian community in the Gaza Strip on a scientific basis through coordinated and participatory humanitarian interventions, which are based on the international Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), standards of integrity and transparency, humanitarian principles, and the relevant domestic law.
Association Field of Work
• Human development: economic empowerment, social development, health care, education.
• Humanitarian response: Relief, emergency, recovery, seasonal needs.
• Human sustainability: Quality of institutional performance, coordination and integration, integrity and transparency.
• To contribute effectively to the humanitarian and development needs of the Gaza Strip.
• To contribute to the coordination and integration of the humanitarian and development efforts of the Gaza Strip.
• Improve the performance of humanitarian institutions in the Gaza Strip, maximizing the impact of financing.
• Contributing to achieve the 17 Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the year 2030 that set by UN Members.
Most Important Achievements in 2020:
• 455 projects have been implemented and still going until today in Gaza Strip, that benefiting approximately more than 1,287,848 beneficiaries.
• Got the Highest number of tenders announced in the official newspapers in Gaza Strip.
• Our Projects have been funded by 86 donor institutions from over 20 countries around the world.
• Launch an exclusive report on the humanitarian situation in Gaza Strip in 7 different languages and was circulated globally.
• GDD launched a joint international campaign “Gaza Under Two Sieges” to relief Gaza.
Our Main Partners:
International Islamic Charitable Organization
Bahrain Red Crescent Society
No results have been found