What Is the Challenge?
During Dubai Fitness Challenge 2022, Afraa, an 11 year old Emirati Triathlete, will take on 30 Supersprint* Triathlons in 30 Days.
* a supersprint triathlon is a 375m swim, 10km bike and 2.5km run in succession
2 years ago, Afraa completed 7 Supersprints in 7 days before school and in doing so, encouraged many people to come out and join her and also to get involved in sport and triathlon too.
This year she has decided to go a lot bigger with a few goals in mind.
- She wants to complete 30 Supersprints in 30 Days during Dubai Fitness Challenge
- She wants to be the youngest person to ever do this and therefore achieve an Official World Record
- She wants to raise A LOT of money for the Al Jalila Foundation
- She wants to encourage people of all ages to get fitter and healthier
- She wants girls to understand that #anygirlcan - you can do and achieve anything!
Note from Afraa:
By doing 30 Supersprints in 30 Days I hope to encourage a lot of girls, especially Emirati girls, to start sport and to believe that anything is possible. But I want everyone to get fitter and healthier too! It doesn't matter how old you are, how unfit you are, you can start small and finish big.