FUND A FARM FOR THE SPARKLE FOUNDATION, MALAWI
Gulf for Good invite you to donate ‘Virtual Items’ to help support children at the Sparkle Foundation in Malawi.
Donation(s) will support the children as follows:
- AED100: 10kg of maize seed, which will harvest 20-30 bags of maize, to feed all the children 1 meal a day for 2 months
- AED200: 32kg worth of soya seed, which will provide 600kg of soya porridge to feed 100 children’s breakfasts for 2 months
- AED300: enable Sparkle to grow enough vegetables to feed 260 children at least once a week
- AED500: buy 50 chickens to provide 200 children with eggs once a week
- AED1,000: buy 8 goats and provide enough milk for 100 children once a week
The Sparkle Foundation in Malawi wish to purchase a plot of land to build a farm to not only feed the 300 children they support but also as a means of educating the children and reduce their annual food bill by 10%. The local community will also learn about permaculture and crop rotation to improve their subsistence farming methods.
The Sparkle Foundation’s vision is to deliver a future in which every community has equal opportunity to live a life of health and self-sufficiency. Their first project Sparkle Malawi, which is located in Zomba, Malawi - the fourth poorest country in the world – has four main programmes:
- Nutrition: feeding 300 vulnerable orphans and children daily
- Healthcare: registered medical clinic on-site and mobile clinic’s for children, staff and community members
- Education: provision of free pre-primary care, after school club for primary aged children, women’s group training, youth group workshops, adult literacy classes, sport and community awareness programmes
- Community Empowerment: outreach programmes and training workshops for 17 villages including sewing, farming, nutrition, micro-finance and computing
To learn more about the Sparkle Foundation, click here:
This campaign is held in association with local not-for-profit Gulf for Good, whose purpose is to change the lives of underprivileged children around the world.
The breakdown of how donations are distributed are as follows:
- 75% of funds raised go to the Sparkle Foundation
- 15% of funds raised go to Gulf for Good (not-for-profit in the UAE and registered UK charity) for their sustainability
- 10% of funds raised go to International Humanitarian City for their emergency response work
To learn more about Gulf for Good and what we do: https://www.gulf4good.org
There is no time anymore