GULF FOR GOOD
CHARITY CHALLENGE - GHOREPANI POON HILL, NEPAL
30th April to 6th May 2022
Gulf for Good challengers will trek to the summit of Poon Hill (3,210m) to see the spectacular panorama stretches of Dhaulagiri I (8167m) and Tukuche (6920m) to Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna South, Annapurna I (8091m), Hiuchhuli (6441m) and Tarke Kang (7193m), Gangapurna (7454m), Lamjung Himal (6986m) and the Mt. Fishtail (Machhapuchhre 6997m). Breathtaking any trekker.
This Challenge will support a charity project in partnership with Child Rescue Nepal. The aim of this project is to prevent child trafficking by increasing the incentive and access to 20 public schools in Nepal through:
- Providing two schools with libraries and learning materials
- Building separate girls and boys school toilets to remove barriers for girls
- Distributing 500 hygiene kits and training
- Distributing 200 educational bursaries to the poorest children
- Delivering teacher training to 24 teachers
Each participant is tasked with raising a minimum of AED5,000 (USD1,360) to support this project and, together, change the lives of these children and families.
This challenge is held in association with local not-for-profit Gulf for Good, whose purpose is to change the lives of underprivileged children around the world.
The breakdown of how donations are distributed are as follows:
- 75% of funds raised go to Child Rescue Nepal
- 15% of funds raised go to Gulf for Good (not-for-profit in the UAE and registered UK charity) for their sustainability
- 10% of funds raised go to International Humanitarian City for their emergency response work
To learn more about Gulf for Good and what we do: https://www.gulf4good.org
No results have been found