ANNUAL CHARITY CHALLENGE: BURJ KHALIFA VIRTUAL CLIMB
Have you ever wanted to climb to the top of the Burj Khalifa?
Does the idea of ascending 2,909 stairs to Level 160 interest you?
Are you up for this virtual challenge?
If so, join us on Saturday, 22nd May at 9am for our Annual Virtual Charity Climb to Level 160 of the Burj Khalifa, led by Gretta Beckett from Ireland (based in Dubai), Suzy Walsham (World No. 1), from Australia, Wai Ching, (World No. 2) from Malaysia and Roberto Velazquez from Mexico, all Global Elite Tower Runners!
All funds raised from this event will go towards supporting the children of https://www.gulf4good.org/charity-projects/sos-children-s-villages-kyrgyzstan/
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE:
Here’s how it works:
• We kindly ask for a minimum donation of AED100 to enter the event
• You will then receive an email providing all the information you need to take part
• Download Zoom to your device, join us at the virtual start line for the introduction, then off, you go!
• You have until 9am on Monday, 24th May to complete the climb
• Thanks to Optimal Fitness we have some amazing prizes to give away!
ABOUT THE CHARITY - SOS Children's Villages, Kyrgyzstan
The remote Ananyevo municipality in the Issyk-Kul region of Kyrgyzstan urgently needs a local meeting point to connect community members and boost learning and social activities. Our goal is to raise AED185,000 (USD50,000) to build this centre on a plot of land that has been provided by the local government, and running costs to be managed by the municipality.
By building such a facility in this rural area, we will be improving the lives of 165 vulnerable families, 180 children and 12,000 inhabitants of the surrounding villages. The community centre is not just a physical structure, but also provides a space where parents receive training courses to increase their employability and parental skills and help with daily challenges. It will also serve as a venue where children play, learn and do their homework, as well as a hub for cultural and sports events.
Your investment will give the children and families of Ananyevo connection to the world, and a better, brighter future!
Learn more about the project here: https://www.gulf4good.org/charity-projects/sos-children-s-villages-kyrgyzstan/
FUNDRAISING IN THE UAE:
This challenge is held in association with local not-for-profit Gulf for Good, whose purpose is to change the lives of underprivileged children around the world.
The breakdown of how donations are distributed are as follows:
• 75% of funds raised go to SOS Children’s Villages in Kyrgyzstan
• 15% of funds raised go to Gulf for Good (not-for-profit in the UAE and registered UK charity) for their sustainability
• 10% of funds raised go to International Humanitarian City for their emergency response work
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Learn more about Gulf for Good here: https://www.gulf4good.org
No results have been found